Translate

Monday 18 May 2015

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Card
I suddenly decided at 10.30 I wanted to make a card with die cuts for a challenge. Now to find it!!!

Anyway I have used a Papertrey Die cut for the main shape, once in grey and once in gold then inlaid the gold back in. I really like the look but a photo at 11pm does not really lend itself to great light. The Happy Birthday is actually cut out in a Teal blue card stock and the dots are the same colour but the photo has ended up washing out the sentiments and darkening the enamel dots. Lesson for today - craft and photos during the day or at least wait till daylight for photos.

The Birthday die is also Papertrey and has a stamp to match it. The Happy die which I feel really suits it is a Whimsey Stamps Die.I have layered each die up 3 times to give a bit of life to the words.

I found the Challenge - its on at Happy Little Stampers HLS May CAS Challenge As usual being fairly new to this I hope this fits the bill.

I hope you enjoy your visit here.

2 comments:

Kelly Latevola said...

How fun! I love the gold and aqua together!! I craft all the time at night. Thank God for light boxes haha!

Loll said...

Hi Aileen. I LOVE your card. The dies image is so cool and you did an amazing job with the inlaid technique. Great colour combo too! So happy you joined us at Happy Little Stampers!!