Translate

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Hello Sweet Friend



Is this a cutie or what!. I love how this has turned out. Started out, yes again, as a one layer card but after colouring the  Penny Black hedgehog with copics and being ultra happy I moved onto the Bee.
Ahh yes the bee, well its hiding under the balloon die cut. My copics were just too thick and the bee ended up looking like a mutated monster bee getting ready to attack my hedgehog. I didn't want to cut the hedgehog out as I had used thick cardstock and it would be too hard to cut around and really I loved how the mound of grass and flowers looked so I put on my thinking cap.

Of course this meant whatever covered the bee was going to be in the hedgehogs personal space. First I stamped and coloured in the beautiful little bird from Purple Onion. Cut it out and placed him but he was just took close so I thought word bubble but decided on small balloon. So die cut the balloon, blended with Distress inks with pink ink and tried to leave one side lighter for light shining on.
Found the perfect sentiment 'Hello Sweet Friend'. Then instead of attaching thread or trying to draw a line I used a swirl line from a Papertrey Stamp set. For such a small card I managed to use four different stamp sets. Added the balloon with dimension foam tape to give a bit of lift and curved the balloon shape a bit before sticking down.

Here it is slightly side, I'm really happy with the end result and decided to enter this in the  Pile it on Challenge : Cute Animal

I decided to also enter this card in the Papertake weekly Challenge :In the Garden. With my hedgehog playing in the grass and flowers with his friend I feel this fits the bill. Hope I'm not stretching things here but its all part of the learning.

Thanks for coming to have a look.

5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

I just love this sweetie hugs Pops x

lostinpaper said...

Great save on your card, that bee sounds very naughty lol. I'm hoping to find some crafty time real soon, I'm missing it.. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute!!! I love your sweet little critters, and so sorry to hear about your bee...

Anonymous said...

What a naughty bee! Great save if you hadn't given all the details I would be none the wiser. Such a cute card.

Elise said...

oh my gosh, this is absolutely DARLING!!!!!!!!! I love how the bird is holding the string for the balloon .. hehehehe! :)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise