Translate

Monday 3 August 2015

Spread your Wings and Fly



This was an idea that was chugging away in my brain and I thought I might just be able to squeeze into a Challenge I had seen that is ending soon so thought I would give it a go.

First I cut the die cut butterfly out of the card front.
Then I looked through the bits and pieces I have coloured, painted, blended etc and saw the piece that is from a background stamp made by Hero Art. I love the stamp and have embossed cardstock and watercolour cardstock in gold, silver, clear, white, sparkle all with this pattern


But most of what I do just sits waiting for me to decide how to use it. Well I found one way. I had a gold embossed and it has colours blended in pinks using Distress Inks. I die cut another butterfly.

I cut a small piece of card stock to put behind the original butterfly, laid the patterned butterfly inside the die cut and held in place with temporary tape.
Then I put wee little dots of glue inside each space. Picked up each piece and placed inside, bit like making a puzzle but easier. I then die cut the body from gold vellum. Once they were all in place, I lifted the butterfly out line so it sat slightly raised.



Now I can't decide which I like more, all pressed flat or slightly raised. Any thoughts ??

Decided to keep this very simple with the sentiment stamped in Charcoal.

I would like to enter this card in:

I think that makes three entered there

Sorry if you get this twice. Realised I had picked Less is More and forgot my colours didn't quite match Berry shade so had to delete.

no was tape but there is a butterfly

Enjoy your visit and see you again soon I hope.


6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Love it when those 'chugging' ideas get a lease of life, this butterfly card is so clever and wonderful Aileen!

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card Aileen and I love the pretty butterfly xx

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card, so delicate. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Ardyth said...

Love this - it has a classic feel with a modern twist! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Mrs A. said...

Your bright butterfly looks lovely on your card. I do need to see washi tape used with your butterfly though in order to be entered for the prizes. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! you must have a lot of patience to put together such an intricate puzzle. i like the raised one a bit more because it gives the illusion of movement.