Translate

Friday 8 July 2016

You Color My World


This was an idea I am happy came together. Hit a few glitches, one of course the dreaded stamp drop so the sentiment had to go where there were some random black lines. After that the colouring was easy and enjoyable. Of course it was done with Copics and then a wee bit of 


Wink of Stella that shows up here lightly. Then the hardest bit using my rectangle dies so they could frame the picture. I didnt want to cut off too much of my colouring and it wasn't going too well.



I wasted a bit of coloured cardstock trying to work out what to do and in the end used these that the largest die just does the stitches outline without cutting and also attached the next size down roughly lined up so it cut a frame. After the second time it worked. Then I attached the coloured image to a piece of white card stock to the attach to the back of the frame. 

Finished off with the cute little cockatoo and a sentiment that I cut in half then stamped on the word bubble to cover up that miss stamp.

Very happy with this.


Challenges :













Even though it says on the front 'You colour my World' its actually a
Birthday card for a girlfriend to give her husband.


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.







16 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Very interesting card. Loved something different from usual images of flowers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, this is a gorgeous card, my granddaughter would love, love this images of paint tubes, so colorful and beautiful.
Love the way you framed them with that awesome stitched die.
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash, hope you come back to play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Kim Heggins said...

Love your wonderful card...so inspiring!!!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the contrast with the black layering! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Mimi said...

This couldn't have turned out much cuter, in spite of the "dreaded stamp-drop"-- everyone knows that feeling! I love your composition, stamp use, and colors! Thank you for sharing your talent at SOS!

Karen Dunbrook said...

just a delightful, happy, cute card!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a fabulous card! Those colorful paint tubes - I just want to squeeze the paint out of them :)

Joyce said...

This is so fantastic. Love those paint tubes and your colorful background.

Nancy said...

Love Love Love this card Aileen...I even showed it to my art teacher hubster! Don't you hate when you drop your stamp? You recovered perfectly! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cara said...

This is fabulous! Glad it's not just me that drops stamps on my image! Cara x

JoAnn said...

So cute and colorful. Love your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Lynne in NI said...

LOL, reckon we've all been there with the dreaded stamp drop ;) Great recovery, this looks fab! Love your punky-looking cockatoo!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Aileen. I love the fun images and the bright colors. :)

Rushd Lady said...

Just gotta say CUTE!

Chris Dring said...

LOVE your paint tube background! Your coloring is fantastic! This is such an awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card - perfect shading on the paint tubes too