Translate

Sunday 4 September 2016

Welcome Little One



A card for a friend's daughter who is having a baby soon. I don't know if its a boy or girl so just went rainbow and it will be fine. Love this stamp from Stampin Bella, I don't think I have any other rubber stamps of pregnant woman. I do have digital ones and they are lovely but I'm trying at the moments to make sure I use my stamps so stamped onto cardstock for Copics.


Lots of colouring and bits of blending. Finished the colouring off with my glitter gel pens and used the colours to match what was being coloured. You can see the shimmer here.


I did two layers with the rounded corners stitched rectangular die from Gina Maria . I tell you what you need to check out her dies cause I have been using quite a few of them and they are brilliant, they cut perfectly every time and the fact that you can get a set of stitched shapes - oval, rectangle, circle etc for $10 a set is a pure bargain. I am amazed sometimes at the price that is bunged onto dies. It is truly worth shopping around, I know you cant when you want a die to match a stamp but for things like this and quite a bit more the price is a bargain. (I didn't get paid to say this and I get no commission from this blurb, its just my opinion on a product I use)..

So my two layers were then attached to the card and a beautiful 'welcome' sentiment die from Papersmooches. Its so cute. Finished off with a mix of coloured dots.


Challenges:










Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




17 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful CAS style card Aileen, love the image also the die cut stitched matting and layering panels you have used, a right little smasher
hugs
lorraine x

lostinpaper said...

Oh so wonderful Aileen!

Jeanne said...

Lovely card. Your coloring looks great and the image is adorable. The glitter is a great touch. Oh and I like the rainbow circles in the background on your blog. I don't remember seeing those before. Looks great, too! :)

Jeanne said...

Forgot to add, thanks for the tip on that shop. Will definitely check it out.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge AT ALLSORTS CHALLENGES of NEW BEGINNINGS, lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Mac Mable said...

Such a perfect image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for the info on the stitched dies x

Cara said...

Love your colouring if such a great image. Just been catching up on all your fab cards. Life has really been getting in the way at the moment. Going to do the F thing tomorrow, might ask the 5 year old next door! Cara x

Teresa Kline said...

hello aileen! super cute card, darlin image and your coloring is amazing! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Marybeth said...

What a fun image and you always color so perfectly!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aww!! Aileen, this is such an adorable image!!! this card will be a hit at your friend's daughter baby shower. As always, beautifully colored, love that frame, thank you for the tip on this bargains, I've been after stitched frames for a while so I'm going there NOW!!
Big hugs,
Maria.

Gerrina said...

This one just pops of my screen; what a perfect colouring! Thanks for your compliment on my card in Allsorts gallery! And enjoy this so special time with your daughter!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Aileen thanks for popping over, you are appreciated, love the way you've coloured and showcased this image, beautifully done! Shaz in Oz.x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the image and the colours, Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Mummylade said...

Absolutely adorable, Love the colours. Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'New Begginings' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Lynne in NI said...

Your friend's daughter will love this! Love those dies too. Have you seen the new stamps from the latest Stamping Bella release, good job I'm on a limited crafty budget or I'd be penniless ;)