Translate

Saturday 14 January 2017

Live, Laugh, Love and BeYouTiFul

 These two cards came to gather out of bits and pieces and didn't take too
long at all. This morning I walked into my room sat there looked at images
drawn and papers and nothing happened, so then I thought I would do so 
watercolour. I bought one of those pads from  Cosmo Cricket and it took
a long time to get one. First because they were always sold out overseas and 
no one was selling here in Australia then when I could finally get in
Australia they weren't the ones I was looking for. Finally went to a after Christmas
sale and there they were on half price sale in a place I checked on a regular
basis yet I hadn't seen before.

Long explanation there - short rest of story. Sometimes I read things and just don't really
register what I am reading (I call them blonde moments). Just Add Watercolour Pad - 40 pages. 
So I got the paint brush and water and cloth and sat there and wet the page and
 waited for the colour to explode on the page. 
What is this piece of rubbish- nothing -showed my son - and yes
he pointed out to me - NOT ADD WATER MUM, ADD WATERCOLOUR - ok when your
finished rolling on the floor in laughter you can look at my two creations......



Let me distract you with this very simple CAS creation. I have cut the bottom
1 1/4" off the front of the card then attached a strip of acetate cut slightly
wider so I could attach inside the card.

With these photos its hard to catch the beauty of this piece of acetate. I have splotched
alcohol ink on it and blown with a straw then added a little blending
solution to change other mixes.
Here you can see the colours a bit better. There are pinks, oranges, reds,
blue, greens, yellows and some flicks of gold.


To finish it off I added a die cut 'Live laugh Love' cut from a stamped gold embossed
floral background panel that was watercoloured in reds, oranges and yellows.
A few enamel dots and the card is finished.




I coloured this magnificent Fairy Queen (thats what I reckon she is) in this morning,
using RV's and YR colours and ice cold mint green for her wings. Added glue and
ultra fine glitter to her wings, flowers and crown. Then I decided to cut her out.


Talk about a delicate job, maybe next time I will approach differently but I found
this background that belong to a card kit I got from Simon Says, a Summer kit background
6 x 6 and just loved the idea of my Fairy Queen being on it. So I trimmed her down,
went around the outline with black to try to get rid of any close cut edges and added
a pile of itty bitty clear gems.


And here she is in all her glory looking beautiful waiting for the sun
to rise ( or go down)




Finished off with the 'Be you tiful' sentiment cut from gold cardstock.

I don't know if there are any challenges for this card but I sure had fun colouring this image
and I'm sure I will find someone to gift it to.


Challenges:

Live Laugh Love Card



Be you tiful Fairy Queen card





Be you tiful Fairy Queen Card




Live Laugh Love alcohol ink card




Be You Tiful Fairy Queen Card



Ok thats it today, thank you very much for coming to visit and I hope to see you again soon.









19 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work. I adore the colors on the cards. The first one is brilliant with the alcohol inks at the bottom. So vibrant! The fairy is gorgeous, just gorgeous. I can see how you'd have to much fun coloring. I'll admit to little giggle over the misunderstanding, but I can totally relate. I've been known to do something like that, too! I have never heard of this Cosmo Cricket book (?) Do you have a link so I can see what it is? Thanks so much for sharing!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunningly beautiful cards! Your colour-work is simply breathtaking, Jo x

Barbara said...

Oh she is stunning and quiet beautiful. I love both cards today. The first one is so fun and intriguing. The acetate is hard for me to do, but I keep trying. I really like how the sentiment sits on top of the explosion of color. Good Luck and Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad this week.
Barbara DT member

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow your top card turned out very cool!! I just love the look of that and must give it a try sometime! Your second card is so pretty with your image and gorgeous coloring!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! HUGS

lostinpaper said...

These are wonderful Aileen, your fairy queen is so very regal!

Cara said...

Two absolutely stunning cards. Wonderful as ever. Cara x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous explosion of colours on the both cards, a feast for the eyes. Amazing cards and thanks for sharing x

BożenA said...

WOW, today you got me on my shoulder !! Great color border first card looks incredibly. I love how the boundaries are created between colors creating a distinct spots, while those stains penetrate! Perfectly!! A second card ... I love the way you dress painted fairies. But the combination of fairies with this gorgeous background created a true masterpiece! I now envy the person who gets this card :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

TaeEun said...

Wow! Both cards are stunners! Love the acetate part with alcohol inks on your first card! And the fairy queen on your second card is so beautiful and your choice of the background panel was the best!

Ashwini Rao said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards, Aileen! Love the pops of color on the acetate.. and the Fairy Queen - so elegant and fabulous! She's beautiful indeed!! Love the background you've used on that card - just perfect!

Lynne in NI said...

LOL loved your blonde moment, that's like something I would do :)
Fabulous effect of your inks on your acetate! and your Fairy is coloured so beautifully x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous use of color. Her dress looks amazing

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such different cards and each on eis amazing in its own way! Love those alcohol inks on the first card and that dress - jawdroppingly gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

Your Fairy Queen is exquisite, and so perfectly colored, Aileen! But you've really sparked my curious mind with the straw-blown alcohol inks on acetate! Might just have to give that a try!
=]

Darnell said...

Hahaha, what a karack up, Aileen! It's so something I would do, too! But you certainly don't have blonde moments when it comes to coloring! Your talent is amazing! Your fairy queen is simply breathtaking!! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

That beautiful fairy queen looks like she glows, Aileen. And the alcohol ink is stunning. It's something I don't have so have never tried. Love your little watercolor story. I'm sure we all have one of those moments now and then.

Sarn said...

WOW - another two stunning cards here Aileen. Your fairy queen looks AMAZING. Loving your uber-cool first card too, and I didn't snigger once, honest!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cm said...

We must be kindred spirits in having blonde moments, because I know my response would mirror yours! Too funny! The results, however, are amazing! Live-Laugh-Love are so pretty and the alcohol-inked acetate: WOW! Your fairy queen: stunning! A work of art! Magical...can you tell I'm completely besotted with your artistry here? I am...very much so!
Hugs~carol

Katja said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
Hugs, Katja