Translate

Thursday 15 February 2018

Happy Valentines & Love


I'm late with these as Valentines has come and gone but so have the cards I just needed to do the post. I was in hospital on Valentines day so the post had to wait and it's taken until tonight for me to finally get myself moving on it. Nothing major just trying to work out why I still have a cough that comes and goes in intensity for the last year and the reflux issues that have come along with it.


Anyway enough of me. 

I finally bought myself this Stamping Bella image. Ohh my I love her ( its me really
except for the wings).  I stamped and cut her out with the Scan 'N' Cut. 

(Let me point out here that because these images stamp up quite fine it is best to stamp them separately from other images that may stamp heavier. I found that if they were on a sheet of cardstock with combined stamps from different companies the machine just could not recognise the lines of the Stamping Bella stamps properly and that would lead to images being cut out incorrectly. To beat this I did a page with only Stamping Bella images stamped and they all cut perfectly).


I coloured with Copics and added lots of Wink of Stella to the wings and frill of the dress and flower in her hair and the bubbles coming out of the drink. The close up shows the sparkle.

The background is Tim Holtz Distress Oxide smooched, dried and smooched again. Die cut 'love' and a few hearts and added the image with dimensional foam.


This card started out very CAS with just the stunning beauty coloured with Copics. I was going to attach to the front of a card and leave CAS with just a Valentine sentiment but it caught crooked and when I pulled it back of course it ended up misshaping the card front and so I had to rescue it.

Sexy young lady, digital image from Kenny Kiernan, Copic coloured
die cut with the Postage Stamp die with silver washi tape on each side to add a bit of glitter.



I have used a white and silver heart pattern paper added to the cardbase. The image layer has fun foam added at the back to give it a lift. I then die cut the XOXO and 'happy valentines day' from silver glitter paper and attached with glue.



Challenges:

Stamping Bella 'Love'




happy valentines day





Stamping Bella 'love'





happy valentines day




happy valentines day





The red panel I made like 6 months ago so finally used it and the
 Stamping Bella stamp was purchased some time ago and waiting
to be used and can now be marked off as used.
Love card





Stamping Bella Love Card



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








12 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Aileen these are both beautiful Valentines and I love how different they are from each other. The hot young chic is very sexy and really stands out on the heart background. I like the way the image is on an angle. Thanks so much for sharing at the Watercooler Wednesday "Any Occasion" challenge this week.

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh Aileen, I love both your cards! How perfectly you've coloured and shaded the images, too! I must say that young and sexy lady card is both elegant and fun. The framing, the glitter paper, and that slight tilt to the piece with the image all combine to create a card that really stands out. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

Lin said...

2 great designs for Valentine's day, Aileen! Especially love the glittery bits you added! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! And hope you'll get to the bottom of your medical problems soon....

lostinpaper said...

Love them both Aileen, though I must say that I am especially fond of Edna, in all her red glamour! Sorry to hear that you are unwell again, hope you are feeling better my friend x

missgailly said...

Two wonderful cards! The colouring is fantastic! Hope you get your health issues sorted out soon. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

JanR said...

I hope you are feeling better now! Fab cards! I especially like the background on the first one. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Lynne in NI said...

Lovely cards Aileen, your colouring is absolutely fabulous! Hope they get your cough sorted soon.

Cara said...

Fantastic cards, wonderful colouring as ever. I do have a soft spot for Edna though, wish I was as glamorous as her!

Tina said...

Aw, this is SO cute. I love the image, and your card is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Tina, Craftaholics R Us DT
youniquecreationbytina.blogspot.com

Gail said...

What a saucy young lady - I'm sure any recipient of this Valentine would love it! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Julie said...

Wow! love them
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
Julie T